A notice is written in order to inform people or pupils (in a school) about an event or an activity.
It could be about a competition, an exhibition or inauguration to take place in near future. Or any other activity especially in school like an excursion, a meeting or a show.
CHARACTERISTICS OF AN EFFECTIVE NOTICE
To the point
A good notice is always to the point and leaves no scope for further enquiries without compromising on the word limit (50 words).
It should be formal.
Clearly stated purpose
A notice should contain all the necessary details such as:
- Name of the issuing agency (school, etc)
- Subject and date of issue/release of the notice
- Event (what?)
- Date/time/duration (when?)
- Place/Venue (where?)
- Authorized signatory: Name and signature
- Do not cross the word-limit to avoid penalty of marks
- Always enclose the notice in a box. Draw neat lines with a sharp pencil using a ruler. Never draw the line towards the bottom until and unless you’re done with the content.
- Word limit – 50 words
DISTRIBUTION OF MARKS
as per CBSE
Format – 2 Marks
Content – 3 Marks